Pharos Systems Has the Answer to PC Reservation!
Sign Up from Pharos Systems is an automated computer reservation and management software solution that circumvents typical reservation challenges by providing fair, equitable access to PCs for everyone. With Sign Up, Library patrons or Students may book a PC (or a block of PCs) in advance, so only those with reservations may log on.
Features and Benefits
Control centrally, customize locally- Sign Up lets you set up controls that are applied to the entire library/lab system. At the same time, you can allow individual labs to customize system settings to meet unique needs. If desired, you can even customize settings for each individual computer.
- Maintain simple operational control-the Sign Up “Nerve Centre” gives you a central point of complete day to day ope.rational control. You can make and modify reservations at any time, enforce compliance with library/lab rules, extend time limits, view queues, and disable PCs if necessary.
- Versatility is key-three Sign Up reservation modes – immediate, scheduled, and queued, which can be used together – enable each individual lab to configure the system to best meet its needs.
- Standby reservations – allows users who are flexible about the amount of time they have on a computer the possibility of getting a PAC quicker.
- Block reservations – allows staff members to reserve a cluster of computers for group activity, and to make this a recurring reservation.
- Strict enforcement – users are first notified, then automatically logged off PACs at the end of their reservation. Administrators can end user sessions at any time.
- Setting flexibility – allows administrators to customize settings such as hours of operation, public holidays, reservation duration, reservation extension rules, and usage limitations.
- Integration gateways- easily connect to your student database and other external data sources such as authentication services, library management systems, and other back-office systems.
- Auto-extension usage time – permits patrons indefinite time after their reserved time expires until someone else needs the equipment.
- End user controls – enables users to retain desktop settings across PACs.
- Resource optimization – improves utilization measurement, which helps you deploy your computer resources more effectively.
- Reservation interface – a graphical interface allows users to see when machines are available so they may choose to wait in line for the earliest PC or make a reservation for later.
For more information or to request a demonstration, please contact the team at EEMS on 03 8558 4300 or email us at email@example.com